Assessment and Identification
Best practice in this area includes:
- Comprehensive assessment supports accurate identification of need and informs classroom practice.
- The effectiveness of classroom teaching is taken into account before assuming a pupil has SEND.
- The school scrutinises behaviour, exclusion and attendance data to ensure additional learning needs are not missed.
- The SEND register is accurate and reviewed at least termly.
- Parents and carers are fully involved in discussions with the school on identification and assessment.