Webinar - Introduction to Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) - for secondary school teachers
Hosted by Whole School SEND and I CAN
- Understand what DLD is (and what it isn’t).
- Know the numbers – how many children are affected.
- Know about the potential impact of DLD on academic attainment, social and emotional development, employment prospects, long-term outcomes.
- Identify some key markers of DLD and know when and how to raise concerns.
- Put in place some key strategies to support a student with DLD in the classroom.
The webinar will last 90 minutes.
I CAN is the children’s communication charity. We are experts in helping children develop the speech, language and communication skills they need to thrive in a 21st century world. Our vision is a world where all children have the communication skills they need to fulfil their potential. Our mission is that no child should be left out or left behind because of a difficulty speaking or understanding.
We do this through:
Increasing public awareness of the problems children face.
Giving expert advice to parents and families about what to look out for and what to do.
Providing assessments for children so that their families know what support will meet their needs.
Giving teachers and people working with children the skills to help children who struggle.
Producing resources, DVDs, posters and other information to help parents and practitioners support children with their communication development.
At the very heart of I CAN are our two outstanding specialist schools.