Making the Curriculum Accessible to Autistic Children - BOLTON - 15 October 2019
Suitable for Primary, Early Years and Special School Staff. This course looks at the ways in which autistic pupils can be supported to access the curriculum, achieve, and develop confidence in their learning 9:30am - 3:30pm
- Understand why an autistic pupil might refuse or be unable to write.
- Discover why phonics may not be the best way to teach reading.
- Working with the pupil’s interests, harnessing their learning.
- Sensory processing and its effects on learning.
- Filling in the gaps, looking at typical and atypical development and how to develop knowledge and concepts that might have not developed in the typical way.
- Practical ways of teaching autistic pupils, helping them learn and develop as an independent learner.
- Approaching tests, group work and other challenges.
Also scheduled to run in:-
London, King's Cross - 14 October 2019