Intensive Interaction – Building relationships with people who have profound learning disabilities and complex needs - BOLTON - 9:30am - 3:30pm
Suitable for anyone working with people with Autism or Severe Learning Difficulties of any age. Use Intensive Interaction to reduce triggers to sensory overload, increase communication, understand “personal language” and develop positive relationships.
- An understanding of the basic principles of Intensive Interaction
- The ability to implement and evaluate Intensive Interaction techniques
- An insight into your own experiences and practices with people on the Autism Spectrum and profound learning disabilities
- The ability to focus on the difficulties a person is experiencing rather than the problems they are presenting
- The knowledge and confidence to build relationships with people on the Autism Spectrum and profound learning disabilities
- Positive plans for action