(5201) Sensory Babies 2nd - 3rd October 2017 - London, UK
This is a 2-day course looking at the sensory development of babies from conception up to the age of 2 years. This course is open to Occupational therapists, physiotherapists, speech and language therapists, doctors, nurses and early educators who are interested in sensory development with a particular focus on the preterm population.
- To introduce EI-SMART, an early intervention model developed for those working with babies.
- To provide an understanding of sensory development – sequential development from conception to 2 years (1001 critical days).
- To provide an overview of behavioural cues and the language of the newborn.
- To explore co-regulation leading to self-regulation.
- To provide an overview of the theory of attachment and attunement.
- To explore baby occupations understood through the senses: Eat, Sleep and Play.
- To discuss causes of atypical development both environmental and neurological from a sensory perspective.
SI Network (UK & Ireland)
The SI Network (UK & Ireland) is a not-for-profit organisation, promoting education, good practice and research into the theory and practice of Ayres' Sensory Integration.Find out more about the SI Network (UK & Ireland) See all SI Network (UK & Ireland) documents on the gateway