Real Training - How to carry out a SEND Review using the latest online training
Whole School SEND's Online SEND Reviewer Training, powered by Real Training
SEND Reviewer training, is now accessible online, but why should you train to undertake a SEND Review using the Whole School SEND Review tool and what is the purpose of a SEND Review?
What is the purpose of a SEND Review? Any school is able to commission or undertake a Whole School SEND Review in order to evaluate the effectiveness of its provision for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities. This includes mainstream schools, alternative provisions and specialist settings. A SEND review should help to ensure that all children, in all educational settings, achieve their very best, including the knowledge, skills and qualifications that they need for successful transition into adulthood, further education and employment.
This evaluation of provision effectiveness is a collaborative process of inquiry which identifies strengths, areas for development, and importantly, next steps. The findings from SEND reviews will play a crucial role in helping improve SEND provision and strategy, so that learners are appropriately supported to achieve good outcomes.
- Focused on self-evaluation
- A practitioner-led process developed through collaboration
- Powered by peer-to-peer support
- An Ofsted inspection
- To review the capacity of the SENCo
- About gathering evidence against anyone
- A judgement of any kind
Of course, the time constraints of education professionals, together with present, COVID-19 circumstances may present a barrier to undertaking SEND Reviewer Training. For this reason, Whole School SEND has partnered with Real Training to provide a freely-available Online SEND Reviewer Training course which translates the SEND Reviewer Training content into an accessible, fully-online course that supports delegates to engage constructively together in SEND Reviews.
The benefits of this peer-reviewing together with self-evaluation and reflective practice are widely known and well understood. However, the successful implementation of these approaches can be challenging to achieve in practice. By enrolling in this course, you will commit to improving your confidence in overcoming these challenges, while taking a positive step towards improving SEND provision, within your setting and beyond.
- Understand the aims of the SEND Review process
- Engage in communities of practice – self-sustaining professional communities supporting each other to raise attainment for all
- Use the Review to drive school Improvement
- Confidently and effectively execute the 6 stages of the SEND Review process
- Pair with another participant based on your declared support needs, known as a ‘SEND Professional Partner’, to train together online, and subsequently to undertake the school reviews together
Real Group Ltd
In 2004, three educational psychologists created us to make a real difference to young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). Today, our group of companies share one mission: to use education to transform lives.Find out more about the Real Group Ltd See all Real Group Ltd documents on the gateway