The Stroke Association is the UK’s leading stroke charity. We deliver stroke services across the UK, campaign for better stroke care, invest in research and fundraise to expand our reach to as many stroke survivors as possible.
The Childhood Stroke Support Service is available across the UK for children, families and young people affected by stroke in childhood, and the professionals who work to support them. The service is part of a collaboration between the Stroke Association and Evelina London Children's Hospital and is funded by the Margaret Giffen Charitable Trust.
This service provides:
- tailored information, for children, young people and families affected by stroke, about the nature of their stroke or related diagnoses
- advice about local services, and a follow-up that families may find useful
- support in navigating health, social care and educational processes
- advocacy for young people and families in accessing the services they need
- emotional support in adjusting to the impact of stroke
- signposting to peer support networks for parents and young people
For more information go to: www.stroke.org/childhood
To contact the Support Service contact: email@example.com