Our large team of Educational Psychologists apply psychology within the educational system and the community. We specialise in promoting learning, development, emotional wellbeing and positive outcomes for children, young people and their families by: •supporting teams and organisations who work with children and young people •promoting an understanding of children's psychology; •promoting better outcomes for vulnerable children, and enabling them to express their own views on how their needs might be supported •supporting schools in challenging circumstances.
Our work involves the following activities:
- consultation with teachers, parents or carers and other adults who work with children and young people
- psychological assessments, advice and interventions
- professional development and training
- research and evaluation
- support for critical incidents in schools.
We work with:
- Individuals and groups of children and young people (0-25 years of age) and their parents or carers
- Educational establishments and adults who educate and care for children and young people
- Professionals from other agencies and practitioners in educational settings and communities.
We are committed to:
- listening very carefully
- helping people to share stories
- everyone being able to develop and learn
- supporting others to recognise and develop personal resources
- increasing the understanding to make changes
- helping people to understand their feelings
- starting from where people are
- making quality assessments, observations and judgements have more validity with a natural setting
- respecting every individual we have contact with
- valuing the individual and valuing people's differences.