The Quality of SEND Provision
Best practice in this area includes:
- Senior and middle leaders work closely alongside class teachers to support differentiation and curriculum development. The quality of teaching is reviewed in regular cycles.
- Staff have a clear understanding of pupil need and personalised strategies are informed by parent/carer partnership. These are consistently applied throughout the school.
- Effective teaching strategies, including setting homework where appropriate, are well matched to pupils’ individual needs.
- Evidence from observations shows the teaching of all pupils is considered to be consistently good or better.
- There are effective systems in place for supporting the transition of pupils between classes, phases and beyond the school.
- There is a comprehensive, whole school CPDL (Continued Professional Development and Learning) programme.