The Quality of Teaching and Learning for Pupils with SEND
Best practice in this area includes:
- Senior and middle leaders with responsibility for SEND work closely alongside class teachers to support differentiation and curriculum development. They are involved in reviewing and helping teachers improve the quality of teaching for all pupils.
- Teachers have a clear understanding of pupil need and personalised strategies are informed by parent and carer partnership. These are consistently applied throughout the school.
- The individual needs of pupils are communicated effectively to all staff.
- Teachers use assessment information to plan and differentiate lessons effectively. This includes setting homework that is matched to pupils’ individual needs.
- Evidence from observations shows the teaching of interventions is considered to be consistently good or better.
- Outcomes from interventions are integrated into classroom teaching and teachers capitalise on learning from interventions in whole-class and small group teaching