The Efficient Use of Resources
Best practice in this area includes:
- SEND has a high profile in staff continued professional development and learning.
- Staff engage in high quality continued professional development and learning to support improved pupil outcomes.
- Teaching assistants receive professional reviews. Teaching assistants and support staff receive regular and high quality continued professional development and learning. This is linked to the school development plan and wider aims regarding pupil achievement and outcomes.
- Deployment decisions in relation to teaching assistants and support staff are routinely reviewed and evaluated for impact.
- There is a graduated approach to interventions. Class, group and individual support is balanced appropriately.
- Interventions are evidence informed and coordinated effectively to ensure a cycle of review measures the priority being addressed.
- Interventions and support resources are coordinated and deployed effectively and strategically. Systems are in place to support this process, for example, through the use of a provision map.
- Highly effective administrative support allows staff with responsibility for SEND to work strategically.