How strategic SEND can help you and your setting
Discover links to research, providers and provision, to support you and your school to improve practice, all linked to the 8 focus areas of the SEND Review developed by the London Leadership Strategy in a DfE funded project.
There are also examples of effective practice which have been shared by schools and other education settings.*
You may think that what you do is ‘too simple’ to share, or that ‘surely everyone else has already thought of it’, but consider how other professionals may benefit from your experiences, both positive and negative.
*nasen does not approve or endorse any of the school examples of practice that are published on the SEND Gateway
What is the SEND Review?
The SEND Review, developed by the London Leadership Strategy and partners, is ‘a school-led approach to improving provision for all’ based on the principle that excellent teaching for SEND pupils is excellent teaching for all (SEND Code of Practice, 2015). It can be used in both mainstream and special settings and is based around 8 areas:
- Outcomes for pupils with SEND
- Leadership of SEND
- The quality of teaching and learning for pupils with SEND
- Working with pupils and parents/carers of pupils with SEND
- Assessment and Identification
- Monitoring, tracking and evaluation
- The efficient use of resources
- The quality of SEND provision