In the context of funding from education, a personal budget may be available where the support
provided by the school or other educational setting is insufficient to meet the student’s support
needs. The setting itself might decide to use additional resources, such as the money from ‘pupil
premium’, if the young learner is eligible to receive it.
CPD approved, free online anti-bullying training across 7 modules:
1. What is bullying?
2. Bullying and the Law
3. Bullying and SEN/disability
4. The 10 principles to reduce bullying of disabled children and those with SEN
5. Preventing bullying of disabled children and those with SEN
6. Responding to bullying of disabled children and those with SEN
7. Cyberbullying (with a special emphasis on reducing cyberbullying of disabled children and those with SEN)
A free and interactive online information tool for parents and carers. School staff may wish to direct parents and carers to this online tool.
• are worried that your child might be a target of bullying;
• think your child may be being bullied, or
• know that your child is being bullied or
• think your child may be bullying others
this practical online information will help you to understand what can and should be done and what you can do to make it happen.
The Communication Trust have produced a free online toolkit resource with information, guidance and practical support for staff working in education settings. It will help them to understand, review and shape their approach to involving children and young people as part of everyday good practice.
This is a walk-through guide to running a Pupil Aspire session to capture the pupil and family voice in a structured way. It is a step-by-step guide to running a session using the free or paid versions of the Pupil Aspire tool but can also to used to run a manual session (using paper and pens).
Pupil Aspire is an on-line tool for capturing the pupil and family voice as part of a structured conversation. Designed to support schools in identifying appropriate interventions by focusing on the positive aspirations of the young person themselves. Schools can sign up for a free trail and take out a full, lifetime subscription for just £995.00. Demonstrate to Ofsted that you have fully considered pupil views in line with the SEND CoP and effectively report on your Pupil Premium spend.