Eye Level Reading Rulers
The Eye Level Reading Ruler is a coloured overlay filter and text highlighter about the size of a six-inch ruler. It is discreet and professional-looking and can be kept in a book as a bookmark for easy storage.
The reading ruler is made of a combination of opaque and transparent plastic that both underlines the text and highlights it in a coloured tint. Simply read the text through either of the tinted plastic strips of your selected colour, and track down the page: broad strip for paragraphs; narrow strip for single lines.
The reading rulers come in two styles. "plain" and "duo", and are available in the same ten colours as our page overlays, selected in consultation with Prof Arnold Wilkins of Essex University, Head of Visual Science and author of "Reading through Colour".
The new versions of both styles were released in April 2014. See below for new features and improvements.
The price shown is for a mixed pack of ten colours.
- Narrow (app. 1 cm) strip for highlighting single lines of text
- Broad (app. 2.5 cms) strip for scanning ahead in a paragraph, and for studying diagrams, tables, columns of figures etc.
- Matt finish on one side; Gloss finish on the other.
- Text marker (a solid line on the edge of the broad strip) for tracking down a paragraph
- Colours can be combined to create up to 30 tints
- Ideal for all ages - nursery to adult. Office and home use, school or college.
- Easy to store; inexpensive to buy
New Features and Improvements to the Reading Rulers this Year:
- Slightly larger size of 205mm x 80mm
- New design with re-calibrated colours
- More scratch resistant
- Individually sleeved
- Manufactured in environmentally-friendly PET instead of PVC.
Crossbow Education design, produce and supply resources for supporting dyslexia and visual stress, specialising in multisensory resources for literacy, coloured overlays and reading rulers, and tinted exercise books. Crossbow also organise and host SpLD Central, the Midlands conference and exhibition for SENCOs and teachers of students with Specific Learning Difficulties. Crossbow are twice winners and three times finalists for the BESA Educational Supplier of the Year award, and winners in 2014 of the SEN Product of the Year award with their Visual Stress Collection.Find out more about the Crossbow Education See all Crossbow Education documents on the gateway